procmail, NFS and wolverine.

I'm having real problems getting procmail to work under Redhat 7.1 beta
2 (Wolverine)

With a default install of Wolverine, and my home drive
nosetuid mounted over NFS, procmail does nothing, mail is delivered
to /var/spool/mail/$USER

I'm no expert on NFS, but here's what I did to try find the cause of
the problem.

* Procmail works for a locally mounted home directory.
* Placing something appropriate in /etc/procmailrc also works.
* chmod 777 $HOME, forced (as expected) procmail errors, 'suspicious
  rcfile'.
* Mail delivered has -rx------- $USER:mail permissions when created by
  procmail (to /tmp using /etc/procmailrc).

It would appear that procmail completely ignores, or cannot at the
outset read ~/procmailrc, however it *can* using /etc/procmailrc deliver
mail to $HOME.

Any help would be much appreciated. It's only procmail, but it's driving
me insane

Regards

Richard