Re: Problem with wheel mouse & kernel 2.4.2

Is this an Athlon system?  I saw some very similar behavior when I built my
system at home.  It has an ABIT KA7 board.  I saw the exact same behavior
you are describing with the 'jump to the corner' problem.  I looked around
on the web and found a bios upgrade that was supposed to fix the problem,
and it worked.  Of course, this was with Red Hat Linux 7.  I can't explain
why 7 would work and Wolverine wouldn't.