Re: Problem with wheel mouse & kernel 2.4.2

I've already seen this with others hardware than yours. When you
misconfigure the protocole of a ps/2 mouse then it reach the corner..

Check you config :

- Under XFree4 you must have this :

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "Protocol"      "IMPS/2"
    Option      "Device"        "/dev/mouse"
    Option      "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
    Option	"Buttons"	"5"

- If you use an old XFree 3 you should have something like :

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IMPS/2"
    ZAxisMapping 4 5
    Buttons	 5
    Device      "/dev/mouse"

If this dont work then you're not using the right protocole and you
should look at the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/README.mouse in the
XFree86-doc package.

Brent wrote :
> Is this an Athlon system?  I saw some very similar behavior when I built my
> system at home.  It has an ABIT KA7 board.  I saw the exact same behavior
> you are describing with the 'jump to the corner' problem.  I looked around
> on the web and found a bios upgrade that was supposed to fix the problem,
> and it worked.  Of course, this was with Red Hat Linux 7.  I can't explain
> why 7 would work and Wolverine wouldn't.
> Ron Murphy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem getting a Microsoft PS/2 IntelliMouse (the two button +
> > wheel kind) to work with the new Linux 2.4.2 kernel.  The same mouse
> > works okay with Red Hat 7.0 running Linux 2.2.
> >
> > The same behavior occurs in both X 3.3.6 and 4.0.1.  The mouse will come
> > up if the protocol is PS/2, but the wheel is not used.
> >
> > I can add the "ZAxis" line but this does not help.
> >
> > If I change the protocol to "IMPS/2", the mouse exhibits the "crazy jump
> > to the corner" behavior, skipping all over the place but especially to
> > the upper right corner.
> >
> > This works in 2.2, so what is the problem? I don't know if this is an X
> > problem or a Linux problem.

	 Dams Nadé
DEA Informatique : anvil amin unice fr
Association AMIN : http://amin.unice.fr/
Irc Operator     : Anvil on IrcNet.Eurecom.Fr