Re: Convert to Fat

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, URHA wrote:

>Hello i got a little problem down here: i have installed
>Wolverine and Windows XP i was told that i should make a small
>c: boot parttion and a small /boot for linux everythink is
>allright but now i have done something wrong i have formated
>the C: boot to ntfs instead of FAT and partition magic does not
>support Whistler. the only thing i want is to add a multi boot
>menu at start up i dont know exacttly how to do it i think i
>will have to edit the Boot.ini please tell me how Boris

joe /etc/lilo.conf

Add a new stanza:

other=/dev/hdaX
        label=Whistler

Where "/dev/hdaX" is the correct partition for your installation
of Whistler.  Then run lilo.

I do not know if this will work for you or not as I have not
tried Whistler (and have no need to).  It worked for NT though
last time I set up a dual boot for someone.

When in doubt, read the HOWTO's:

/usr/share/doc/HOWTO

If you need help doing stuff in Windows itself, you can find
Windows mailing lists on the Liszt search engine:

http://www.liszt.com

Good luck,
TTYL

    Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Free Software advocate
          This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
  Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.