Re: Wolverine & LVM

>>Does/will Wolverine have any support for the new LVM system (particularly at
>>install)?  We migrated from AIX to Linux and LVM is something we sorly miss.
>it 's compiled as module but does not appears to be available during the
>installation (disk druid).
>if redhat does not include reiserfs as a choice during the installation
>(maybe in custom install for experimented user), i will no be able to
>understand redhat strategy (make a distribution with a gcc snapshot, but
>not include journaling filesystem for cosmetic reason despite that in
>the past they claim :we will integrate alsa when it will be in the
>official tree, idem for reiserfs).
>RedHat guys: can you clarify the situation ?
>what the matter with reiserfs at redhat ?
>some problem with nfs... but patch exist.

I don't think anyone at RedHat is implying there is anything "wrong" with LVM or resierfs.  It is a question of if the installer will allow you to pick them as options at install . . . that depends upon RedHat's priority, and the release schedule.  Admittedly something like LVM or your-favorite-filesystem here not available at install, in fact, makes it very difficult to use (if I already carved up my drive with DD, how can I use LVM?).