Re: case insensitive ls

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 anvil amin unice fr wrote:

>Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 23:15:09 +0100
>From: anvil amin unice fr
>To: wolverine-list redhat com
>Subject: case insensitive ls
>

>Hello
>Why /bin/ls is case insensitive ? As i dont like insensitive, I looked
>for an option to retrieve case sensitive ls but didn't find some..

Put the following in your .bash_profile

export LC_COLLATE=C

    Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Free Software advocate
          This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
  Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs run,
thy syscalls done - in kernel as it is in user!