Re: Wolverine & LVM

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:

>> For these reasons, reiserfs is fine for "experimental" use, but
>> definitely not ready for mission critical usage.  Shipping it in
>> a widespread Linux distribution as a choice during installation
>> would be a major recipe for disaster IMHO, and would not be wise
>> at this stage.
>>
>how about an update disk in cd2 in a preview directory that gives disk druid
>the ability to install redhat on a reiserfs partition?

I doubt it...  Such an effort requires programming, debugging,
testing, etc.. that is unlikely to occur at this stage.
Wolverine is beta 2 of the final release.  ReiserFS as an install
time option is very unlikely to occur in any form for the final
release.  It is something that will be considered for future
releases of Red Hat Linux however.

I'm sure someone out there with spare time on their hands will
produce the necessary hacks to do what you want anyway.  Just ask
on reiserfs's mailing list, or on linux-kernel and likely someone
who has made bootdisks for guinness and zoot will point you in
the right direction.

Let me know how you make out.

Hope this helps,
TTYL

    Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Free Software advocate
          This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
  Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.
Emacs is my operating system, and Linux its device driver.
  -- Bake Timmons