Recent upgrade confusion.

I recently upgraded a guinness system to wolverine. Things went quite
smoothly, I was quite pleased with how many preexisting services just
continued to work. Also, in general, the problems I had were outlined
in the RELEASE-NOTES. Printing is still a problem but I have not
really investigated this to deeply yet. I have one particular problem
that I cannot resolve. Every time I start up a new interactive shell I
have the LD_PRELOAD environment variable set to libavfs.so. I don't
know where it is getting set and I have no clue as to what the
libavfs.so library is from. The library is not provided from an rpm.

In order to get shell commands to work properly I need to unset this
EV. Can someone hit me with a clue stick? I have tried logging in as a
couple of different users with different default shells(bash, tcsh,
zsh) and in each instance the LD_PRELOAD EV is set. Typically I get
this error when executing commands:

/bin/mount: error while loading shared libraries: libavfs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Regardless of the command being executed the error message is
the same.

Kevin Sullivan
kevins pac-software com
PAC Software Engineering, Inc.