Re: Recent upgrade confusion.

> have the LD_PRELOAD environment variable set to libavfs.so. I don't
> know where it is getting set and I have no clue as to what the
> libavfs.so library is from. The library is not provided from an rpm.

It's a zip/tar/gzip/etc file viewer:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/contrib/libc6/i386/avfs-0.2-2.i386.html

It isn't in the basic RPM directory for Wolverine (powertools maybe?), so
it may be that the upgrade tanked it if you had it previously installed.
Another place to look would be the /etc/profile.d directory, and the
/etc/profile config file.

> In order to get shell commands to work properly I need to unset this
> EV. Can someone hit me with a clue stick? I have tried logging in as a
> couple of different users with different default shells(bash, tcsh,
> zsh) and in each instance the LD_PRELOAD EV is set. Typically I get
> this error when executing commands:
>
> /bin/mount: error while loading shared libraries: libavfs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Regardless of the command being executed the error message is
> the same.

Matt