aic7xxx hard hang on valinux 2200 w/IDE drives (wolverine)

I have verified the the same bug as Steve Drum. Bug #29572. The
hardware we are using is the same model (SGI 1200 == VALinux 2200).
Just wanted to put this out there to cut down on confusion, I will
add it to bugzilla as well.

I am having a issue kickstarting wolverine on a VALinux FullOn 2x2 2200
cluster. The nodes are dual 850Mhz/2GB memory/18GB IDE drives.

The install hangs trying to load the aic7xxx driver. Here is
the SCSI controller the VALinux cluster is using (although
I have no devices hanging off it).

bigfoot1# lspci | grep SCSI
00:0c.0 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec 7896
00:0c.1 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec 7896

I had no problem kickstarting fisher on this cluster.

Wolverine kickstarts work great for me for me on the IBM dual
1GHz x330s cluster I tried. The IBM cluster uses the same
driver, although it is a slightly different controller and
it does actually have SCSI disks hanging off the controller.

cheapdisk1$ lspci  | grep SCSI
01:03.0 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec 7892P (rev 02)