Using Wine

I saw on another mailing list I"m on bout someone using WINE and being asked
if they tried it with Outlook Express, and they also mentioned a couple
other programs.

I have been to winehq.com and read some on it but I'm still not sure on how
it works.

Can or would someone sort of explain this to me on how it works and what
it's used for?  Maybe give an example?

BTW, if it's something I would want to use, my linux box is all by itself,
nothing else on it in case this is something that wouldnt' work for me.

Mike Chambers
Mt. Prospect, IL
EZNetworx