7.1 (stock kernel) can crash

A regististry dump was on the screen and the culprit process was fxmemo, an
old faxing software from V-Systems.

Anyway, fxmemo uses up all the available CPU and I've instructed the users
not to stay in there for too long.  One user left if running over the
weekend and the system crashed.

I think it's because of this greedy process.   I'm looking for another
program to replace fxmemo, but I thought people would like to know that they
might can write a infinite loop and eventually crash the system.

I don't know.
-eric wood