Re: No printer

I've had exactly the same experiences.  rpm -e printconf printconf-gui
and then reinstalling the rpms (post up2date; i.e., 0.2-1) seems to
have solved the problem.  I didn't pay enough attention to which files
changed after uninstalling and reinstalling, but evidently, deleting
.../local.adl is not sufficient to wipe the systems' concept of what
was previously created.  (I also cleared out
/var/cache/alchemist/printconf and /var/spool/lpd/* but that didn't
help.  strace -e open /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/printconf-gui didn't
point to anything obvious, but I didn't study it carefully before
trying the rpm -e / rpm -i.)