Re: Netscape

Ajit Deshpande wrote:

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 12:14:25PM -0500, Brent Fox wrote:

Christopher Blizzard wrote:

[..]
We'll be shipping Mozilla 0.7 not Netscape 6.  0.7 is a far cry better
than the Netscape 6 release was.

Is there any reason not to ship Mozilla 0.8? Or is it just too late?

Regardless of 0.7 of 0.8, will it ship with a JVM and SSL enabled? A lot
of non-hacker-types end-users are going to be up in arms if 7.1 ships w/o a browser that does SSL and Java.
SSL, yes. That's there now. As for Java, get me a JVM that works with the new glibc and that is available under a license where we can ship it and then we'll talk.

--Chris

--
Christopher Blizzard