Java in 7.1 [was : Re: Netscape]

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 12:44:18PM -0500, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Ajit Deshpande wrote:
> > Regardless of 0.7 of 0.8, will it ship with a JVM and SSL enabled? A lot
> > of non-hacker-types end-users are going to be up in arms if 7.1 ships w/o
> > a browser that does SSL and Java.

> SSL, yes.  That's there now.  As for Java, get me a JVM that works with
> the new glibc and that is available under a license where we can ship it
> and then we'll talk.

Seems like blackdown will work:
But RH will have to negotiate distribution terms with Sun. *sigh*

Well, at the very least, someone outside of RH should write up a HOWTO
on how to get Java to work with M-0.7 and widely publicize it in
anticipation of RH 7.1 shipment. I think its in RH's own intereste that
this gets done, else you are going to be flooded with support calls.