Re: updating up2date breaks it.

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Preston Brown wrote:

> You need to do an up2date -r first.

Hmm, I have already registered long time ago, but maybe I need to do it
again, lets try:

[root gbg13 lars]# up2date -r
warning: can't access /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
warning: can't access /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn
Successfully completed anonymous registration.  You do not need to use
this option in the future.

After this message the "Red Hat Update Agent" - Window appear. Hitting
Next brings up the same old message:

There was a fatal error communicating with the server.  The message was:

ERROR: Invalid Architecture and OS release combination
INFO: N/A

    An unexpected error has occured while processing your request.
    Please try again later or submit a bug report to rhns_help redhat com
    If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
    details of what were you trying to do when this error occured and
    details on how to reproduce this problem.

Or maybe i should have hit cancel, and then write up2date -u, lets try
that too... same result :(

Sigh, my update agent seems to be in a really bad state. Since noone
else has complained about this i guess that other people actually can
use the update agent (i.e the server side is not down) . Maybe i'm better
off removing and reinstalling up2date.

/Lars L