Re: reporting wolverine bugs in bugzilla

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 dsavage peaknet net wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 Bill Crawford <bill syseng netcom net uk> wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 dsavage peaknet net wrote:
> > > 7. When "Installing Packages" window appears:
> > >    "Formatting / filesystem" window appears only when mouse was moved
> > >    No activity indication for 17 minutes
> > >    No response to mouse click on Release Notes button, then:
> > >    Sudden appearance of progress bar in formatting window, then done & disappear
> > >    Release Notes button response reappears
> > >    "Transferring install image..." window appears at 19 minutes, finished at 29
> > > minutes
> >
> >  You selected "check for bad blocks" right?  Go watch the output of
> > badblocks on VT5 ... some warning would be nice, yes :) I'll log this
> > in Bugzilla if you don't.
>
> Please do. I didn't check VT5. Frankly I'd forgotten all about those VTs (I try
> to minimize my installs :).) Looking back on it though, the whole process feels
> single-threaded and I'm not sure how long it would have taken me to get enough
> CPU cycles to switch consoles.

 OK, I have logged this in Buggyzilla ... also added a request for
more warnings/feedback during other parts of the install process that
can take a long time.

--
Bill Crawford, Unix Systems Developer, GTS Netcom
work: bill ops netcom net uk, home: billc netcomuk co uk