Re: more on locales: date and time

> > Fre Mär  9 09:11:05 CET 2001
> > this is gibberish, and not how we write dates in Germany or Switzerland.
>
>  It's not how we write them in England, either, it's an abbreviated
> form that is convenient for use in logs and for sorting as it is a
> constant width.

sorting? anything other than YYYY-MM-DD TT... cannot be sorted in
any useful way, it seems to me. With the default output format of
date, you are sorting on the names of the days of the week!

and about log files: personally, I prefer a more machine-readable format,
which makes it easier to write scripts to extract stuff, etc.
but I agree with the 'constant width' requirement.

Roman