vmware woes

>After doing what I swore I would never do at this
>time, (install new system disk ultra scsi x15 segate cheeta
>160Mbytes/sec, yeow...) and upgrading the kernel to 2.4.2-0.1.19,
>I broke vmware.... I know this is not the concern of redhat,
>but when I try and compile the vmware drives, the network
>driver fails with an unresolved symbol....
>make: Entering directory `/tmp/vmware-config1/vmnet-only'
>bridge.c: In function `VNetBridgeReceiveFromDev':
>bridge.c:788: warning: implicit declaration of function `skb_datarefp'
>make: Leaving directory `/tmp/vmware-config1/vmnet-only'
>Unable to make a vmnet module that can be loaded in the running kernel:
>/tmp/vmware-config1/vmnet.o: unresolved symbol skb_datarefp
>would anyone know what happend to skb_datarefp when going from
>2.4.1 to 2.4.2? I've got the code, I can modify the source. my
>guess is that this is an easy fix....

Seems the zerocopy patch add by redhat removes this function.
As the code is simple you could add this to the bridge.c or include

Missing code

 /* Internal */
static inline atomic_t *skb_datarefp(struct sk_buff *skb)
       return (atomic_t *)(skb->end);

Niels Nes,

PS as I am only reading the digest this message may not be forwarded
by the list owner. Therefor I mail you the reply directly.