vmware woes

>After doing what I swore I would never do at this
>time, (install new system disk ultra scsi x15 segate cheeta
>160Mbytes/sec, yeow...) and upgrading the kernel to 2.4.2-0.1.19,
>I broke vmware.... I know this is not the concern of redhat,
>but when I try and compile the vmware drives, the network
>driver fails with an unresolved symbol....
>

>make: Entering directory `/tmp/vmware-config1/vmnet-only'
>bridge.c: In function `VNetBridgeReceiveFromDev':
>bridge.c:788: warning: implicit declaration of function `skb_datarefp'
>make: Leaving directory `/tmp/vmware-config1/vmnet-only'
>Unable to make a vmnet module that can be loaded in the running kernel:
>/tmp/vmware-config1/vmnet.o: unresolved symbol skb_datarefp
>
>would anyone know what happend to skb_datarefp when going from
>2.4.1 to 2.4.2? I've got the code, I can modify the source. my
>guess is that this is an easy fix....
>

>Thanks.
>
>sTeve.

Seems the zerocopy patch add by redhat removes this function.
As the code is simple you could add this to the bridge.c or include
file.

Missing code

 /* Internal */
static inline atomic_t *skb_datarefp(struct sk_buff *skb)
{
       return (atomic_t *)(skb->end);
}

Niels Nes,

PS as I am only reading the digest this message may not be forwarded
by the list owner. Therefor I mail you the reply directly.