wolverine kernel leaks

Last night I rebooted my system just before retiring. This morning I tried to
start up a CD-R burn session before making breakfast. That burn session failed
in less than a minute when the fifo ran dry. I ran 'top' and found more than 99%
of my 512M of system RAM had been consumed, yet there were no applications
running other than an xterm and top. I was idling at runlevel 3 all night, and
yet it appears something was leaking quite badly.

There's nothing in the wolverine updates directory, but I see there is a newer
kernel dated 3/9 in rawhide. From an official testing standpoint, is this newer
kernel being viewed as an update to wolverine's original?

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL

This message was sent from Peak Internet Access.
http://www.peaknet.net/