Re: wolverine kernel leak

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Robert G. 'Doc' Savage wrote:

> Last night I replaced the original wolverine kernel with the
> 2.4.2-0.1.25 kernel from rawhide. Since then I've been able to
> successfully run cdrecord and ftp applications that would not run to
> completion with the original. I leave the "why" to the guys at Red Hat
> who know a lot more about how their packages were built than I do.
> Tonight I'll upgrade the kernel on the Ethereal machine, and I expect
> its stability will return to normal.

 Hmmm.

 I replaced mine here on Monday, so it's possible I wasn't running
the Wolverine kernel long enough to see a problem.  Ho hum.

> Now, let's see what else we can find...

 *grin*

 This _is_ a beta release ... should be plenty.  Try GNOME+WindowMaker
on a dual-screen display :)

--
Bill Crawford, Unix Systems Developer, GTS Netcom
work: bill ops netcom net uk, home: billc netcomuk co uk