Re: Problems after using up2date

Preston Brown wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Karl-Heinz Schulz wrote:
> > I did install the new packages today - using the up2date function - now
> > up2date will not work anymore.
> > The error is
> >
> > Error: Invalid Architecture and OS release combination
> > Info: Release 7.0.91 on i386
> Probably your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date file is pointing at the wrong
> server now.  Make sure you are still pointing at beta.rhns.redhat.com.

        I didn't report this problem sooner, as I thought perhaps the server

was being  'reset', or somesuch. Looking at my up2date file, I find:

# Automatically generated Red Hat Update Agent config file, do not edit.
# Format: 1.0
noSSLServerURL[comment]=Remote server URL without SSL

                Since this file was generated instead of manually edited,
the server moved? I guess I should now change the URL,  eh?

            Elton Woo ;-)

         Have you been counted? See http://counter.li.org
eltonwoo videotron ca - ICQ#9984432 - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA.
        Registered Linux User #193975. AMD-K2 CPU on board.
"You only live once, so let's make life easier for each other."