FrontPage Extensions

Can someone give me instructions on how to get FrontPage extensions working
with Apache 1.3.19 (Wolverine)?  I've downloaded the fp_install.sh script
and the fp40.linux.tar.Z file.  I ran the script and everything appeared to
install fine.  I then ran the fpsrvadmin.exe program and installed the
extensions on one of my virtual sites.  Looking at the directory structure
shows all the FrontPage folders were created.  Yet, when I try to open the
web from FrontPage, I get the following:

The folder isn't accessible. The folder may be located on an unavailable
volume or protected with a password.

The instructions aren't really helpful.  Can someone who has this running
give me a step-by-step guide on how to install this and enable it for my
virtual sites.  Help would be very much appreciated.  Thanks!