USB External Zip 250?

I have installed Wolverine, used up2date to update the universe, downloaded
and installed the 2.4.2 kernel. Still, I cannot figure out how to get the
system to see the external USB Zip 250.

If some kind soul could please post some instructions, I would be grateful. I
went through the archives, but did not see anything.

I have been banging my head against the wall 'till it is really sore -- maybe
I am missing something obvious (yes I tried /dev/sda4 mount)??

Thanks, Mike.