Version of gcc with wolverine?

Hi,

What version of gcc will be included with wolverine?
How does this version of gcc compare to:
    - gcc 2.95.2
    - the gcc in the FSF CVS repository

I've had lots of problems with the stock version of gcc 2.96
included in Redhat 7.0, in terms of the compiler crashing
on large C++ projects.  The updates fix things, but
I want to tell my customers what version of gcc 2.96 to use
if they need to build with the gcc 2.96 supplied by Redhat.

Since Redhat's version numbers different from the FSF numbering
scheme, it's a bit more difficult for me to track these things.

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr