Re: XFree86 4.0.3-3 RPMS released

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Jens Koerber wrote:

>> A new test release of XFree86 4.0.3-3 and Mesa-3.4-13 is now available
>
>Thanks:-) ... it seems that everybody is downloading it ;-)  slow, slow,
>slow ....
>
>So here are my bugs related to 4.0.3-1 (propably all fixed ;-)
>
>* deadlink libfreetype.so -> libfreetype.so.6.0  in /usr/X11R6/lib
>   btw: freetype-2.0.1 comes with a newer version

Never heard of it.  What bugzilla # is this?
libfreetype.so is part of the freetype package, not the XFree86
package so there is likely no changes.

>* unresolved symbol atexit() in Xxf86dga.so that prevents
>   smpeg, smpeg-xmms and the SDL packages from building ...
>   (Yeah, I finally upgraded gcc to 2.96 .. glibc-2.2.7+gcc-2.95.3
>   breaks all and everything ...)

Bugzilla number?  ;o)

>* #define HasKatmaiSupport YES should be save for all
>    kernels and configurations (its enabled by default for
>    kernel > 2.4.2 ... but I'm still using 2.2.19+PIII+ide-patch
>    on my wolverine++ system)

This should have been suggested in January.  It is _way_ to late
now to experimentally enable features like this.  I am hoping
that anyone wanting new features enabled or added on to XFree86
and/or anything in the distribution in general will file bugzilla
request for enhancements (RFE's) so that such enhancements can be
considered in future releases.  The best time to suggest is at
the beginning of the development cycle.

Please file any of the above in bugzilla if they are not already.

    Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Free Software advocate
          This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
  Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.
I'd offer to change your mind for you, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
  -- Leah to pro-spammer in news.admin.net-abuse.email