Re: /etc/fstab

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Ethan  Bonick wrote:

> Everytime the computer boots it updates my /etc/fstab to whatever it
> thinks works. It has my zip drive as /dev/hdb4 which doesn't work and I
> have to manually switch it to /dev/hdb. Is there any way to stop it from
> automatically updating the /etc/fstab? -- Get your free email from

the 4th partition of ZIP and JAZ disks is how the disks come from the
factory -- with a FAT filesystem on the 4th partition.  If you are
reformatting disks to span the whole thing (i.e. no partitions), yes this
will break.

If we don't currently have an option to turn off the auto fstab update at
boot, we will add something ASAP in /etc/sysconfig.

--
  Preston Brown
  Linux OS Development