Re: Alpha

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, David Konerding wrote:

>Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:05:44 -0800
>From: David Konerding <dek_ml konerding com>
>To: Stephen Adler <adler bnl gov>
>Cc: Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com>, wolverine-list redhat com
>Subject: Re: Alpha
>
>How about installing the alpha version of Red Hat 7.1beta (wolverine),
>not rawhide?
>Is the alpha installer broken in wolverine too?

Wolverine is not 7.1beta, it is 7.0.91 beta, and there was/is no
release of Wolverine 7.0.91 for Alpha.

>As for reiserfs- I sure hope that Red Hat 7.1beta fixes the 2.4
>kernel problem with reiserfs not being able to be used as an
>exported NFS filesystem (this is a known bug in 2.4 that the
>developers have chosen to ignore until 2.5).  Does/will
>RH7.1beta apply patches to the kernel to fix reiserfs over NFS?

We do not have anything called RH7.1beta.  ReiserFS is something
very very very NEW, and it has bugs that are being discovered all
the time.  They're getting fixed, but I'm sure more will be
found.  Our kernels are very likely to have any known fixes
included that do not cause problems in themselves.  There is no
guarantee however.  When in doubt, try the latest rawhide kernel.

ReiserFS IMHO == EXPERIMENTAL

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,