From: teg redhat com [mailto:teg redhat com]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 2:53 PM
To: Sadler, Jeffrey M.
Cc: 'wolverine-list redhat com'
Subject: Re: Nvidia drivers

"Sadler, Jeffrey M." <sadlerj pwfl com> writes:

> I was able to get the drivers loaded in RH 7.0, but cannot seem to get the
> things to cooperate in Wolverine.  The rpm installs did not work for me, I
> got errors that were not within my expertise (or lack thereof) to solve.
So
> now I am trying to install from the tar.gz files.  I follow the readme
> instructions for installing, but get the following error:
> 					kernel headers should not be used
> but headers from a proper..... (can't remember it all, and I am not near
> machine now)
>
> I installed the source, kernel headers, and newest kernel from rawhide via
> rpm.  Can anyone shed some light on this??

Bug in the NVidia, which tryes to use /usr/include/linux instead of
the headers for the current kernel
( /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include )

The best thing to do is to buy something which actually releases specs
and makes it possible to have a standard XFree driver.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.