AGP...

Right, answered my own question...

/proc/nv seems to be created by the NVIDIA kernel driver (or GLX module?)
and you enable AGP by inserting:

Option	"NvAgp" "1" for the NvAGP driver or "2" for the Linux AGPGART
driver.

Tried with "2" because I have it compiled into my kernel already, but it
appears to have hung the NVIDIA kernel driver. Had to log in via an
external terminal and kill X, but the display memory was corrupted so I
had to reboot. :-(

As I had a hard lock-up earlier before trying to enable the AGP GART
driver, it seems the NVIDIA kernel driver is a bit problematic... Pity
that, because there's a noticeable boost in performance. With the XF86 nv
driver, I get below 100fps with the 'gears' demo; with the nvidia driver,
I get >300fps.

--
Regards,

Juha

PGP fingerprint:
B7E1 CC52 5FCA 9756 B502  10C8 4CD8 B066 12F3 9544