Re: Nvidia drivers

nbecker fred net wrote:

> I have tried the latest, but the X server won't even run.  Running X
> -probeonly spits out a list of unresolved symbols.  I believe this is
> with a clean RH7.0 X installation (not updated).  Yes, I know some
> other people have it working.  My guess is it's dependent on the
> Xconfig setup.

There was an issue with Rpm-4. It was stripping the libraries.
I think the newest rpms from NVIDIA will work with rpm-4.
They also had some trouble with SPM kernels and 2.4.x kernel.

The nvidia list has been real quiet, so I don't know
what's happening.

I'll be going back to ATI soon.
NVIDIA just hasn't keep their promises.

	-Thomas