Re: TMS: Feedback summary so far [layer flag & image type]

Jens Finke <jens triq net> writes:
> I'd like to see the standard as open and simple as possible, so that an
> app can add further information to a thumb. That said, I like the idea
> that we have only a few required info chunks and that specific
> applications can add some more in their own namespace, like
> GIMP::ImageType or GIMP::HasLayer.

Suggest also requiring all extensions to be in an extension namespace,
traditionally X- i.e. X-GIMP::ImageType.

Another very useful thing would be a "validator" app that validated
generated thumbnail directories for spec-compliance. I really want
this for .desktop files too, will write it soon. The only way we're
going to get rid of some of the horkage in various .desktop files.

Havoc