base directory spec

Hi,

I SGML-ized Waldo's base directory spec and put it in CVS
(web/content/standards/basedir/)

Here is the HTML:
http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/basedir/draft/basedir-spec/basedir-spec.html

I added the sentence "Source tarballs using a "configure" script
should use the standard install locations for configure (--prefix,
--datadir, and so forth)" because tarballs that try to install
out-of-prefix drive me nuts.

Reading this spec, I have a question - it seems to deal with
$(datadir) only. How does it apply/work when we have $(sysconfdir)
involved, as in the menu configuration?

Havoc