Re: base directory spec

On Wednesday 04 December 2002 21:18, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I SGML-ized Waldo's base directory spec and put it in CVS
> (web/content/standards/basedir/)
>
> Here is the HTML:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/basedir/draft/basedir-spec/basedir-spe
>c.html

Great, thanks.

> I added the sentence "Source tarballs using a "configure" script
> should use the standard install locations for configure (--prefix,
> --datadir, and so forth)" because tarballs that try to install
> out-of-prefix drive me nuts.
>
> Reading this spec, I have a question - it seems to deal with
> $(datadir) only. How does it apply/work when we have $(sysconfdir)
> involved, as in the menu configuration?

Good question, in KDE we don't use sysconfdir by default, so I didn't think of
it but it might just work if we change

"If $DESKTOP_DIRS is not defined a value equal to $DESKTOP_HOME:$DESKTOP_DIR
should be used."

"If $DESKTOP_DIRS is not defined a value equal to
$DESKTOP_HOME:/etc/X11/desktop:$DESKTOP_DIR should be used"

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian kde org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian suse com