Re: startup notification

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 17:24, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Friday 13 of December 2002 17:12, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 04:46:13PM +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > >  Ok, what's the status of this thing? Since nobody of the complaining
> > > people proposed a better solution, can we agree on the fact that it
> > > sucks, it's just that everything else sucks more?
> >
> > Oh, I thought we had basically agreed to use this?
>
>  Yes, we two have :). But other people here expressed various opinions about
> it containing words like 'misuse' and so on, so I was curious if they have
> something better.

Since no better X-level solutions have appeared, we'll probably have to
live with it, even if its ugly. I liked the proposal to separate the
specification into startup notification protocol proper and
communication mechanism, with an eye to replace the ugly
ClientMessage-based communication by a common message bus in the future.

Matthias