Re: gconf

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 09:37:51PM -0400, hector wrote:
> could it be posible to take gconf from the gnome project and turn it
> into some kind of general place to store desktop information, like
> the windows registry?

Yes, for sure. (Though it's unlike the registry in many ways,
it's only really similar in that it's a big set of key-value pairs -
but then so are many things in computer programs. ;-))

I talked about this some in my presentation at OLS, I'm not sure
whether it's in the written paper I did, but anyway you can dig the
paper out of here:
  http://www.linux.org.uk/~ajh/ols2002_proceedings.pdf.gz

which also discusses some general future directions that probably make
sense for a gconf-like system.

Havoc