Re: Comments on VFolder spec

Waldo Bastian <bastian kde org> writes:
> Is it possible to merge two such files though? Otherwise you would need to
> copy the file to the user's home dir first and then make the changes, but
> that means that changes made at the system level to this file will no longer
> propagate to the user.

Yeah, that was my big concern. I'm not sure what Alex ended up doing.

The idea I had was basically your include/exclude idea, except the
includes/excludes would be stored by themselves in a file, and get
"applied" to the system menus.

i.e. you basically store a diff like:
 - Root/Applications/Emacs.desktop
 + Root/Development Tools/foo.desktop