implementation questions

hello all, I am working on Blackbox support for ewmh.  Brad helped early on
with the spec but then development was abandoned for a little over a year so
we have some catch up to do.

my questions:

1) given a multiple desktop implementation how is STACKING_LIST supposed to
work?  Am I supposed to keep track that a term window on Desktop 1 is really
below a word processor on Desktop 3?

2) are TYPE_DESKTOP or any other window type assumed to be omnipresent or is
that always toggled separately via WM_DESKTOP?

3) has anyone patched xprop to support ewmh atoms?  that would make double
checking the code a little easier.

Thanks.