Re: [Annoyances] X-Windows Copy & Paste

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 01:44:36PM +1000, John Ryland wrote:
> In the final spec there is no volatile primary clipboard anymore, it is now
> deprecated. Left button select is non-destructive. User is not confused,
> mouse buttons are used semetrically.

I don't understand what problem you're trying to solve. CLIPBOARD
already works exactly like Windows and Mac and as most people expect,
with the exception that its contents disappear with the app you copied
from. However, there are plenty of ways we can solve that without
breaking anything that works now.

Just ignore PRIMARY, it's an easter egg. It's not going to confuse
anyone because they won't find it. Most mice don't even have a middle
button.

Havoc