Re: GStreamer on freedesktop

El mar, 09-12-2003 a las 12:46, "Marc Boris Dürner" escribió:
> Hi,
> > No, GStreamer still uses glib...
> > Also, it's 2003, going on 2004, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are
> > willing to move on beyond doctrine :) If KDE doesn't want to use
> > GStreamer, I cannot make them.
> Ok, great! I can use Qt/QObject now for freedesktop.org projects?
> Thanks, thats great news!

If QObject is not depending on QT (and X), why not?

GObject does not depend on GTK, it's a small library that does not
depend on GNOME or GTK.

Where is the problem?

If QObject is inside QT, it's not the same, because you add a BIG
dependency without sense to a common desktop (GNOME, KDE, GNUStep, XFCe,
etc...). Of course you can add it, but it will be used by other desktops
but KDE.

It's the same problem if we add a GtkObject/Gtk dependency, it has no

But you know that already, right?

> regards,
> Marc
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)
Linux Registered User #121232
mailto:carlos pemas net || mailto:carlos gnome org
Valencia - Spain