Re: HAL mini-patch

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 23:42, Martin Waitz wrote:
> hi :)
> > More patches would be great.
> of course :) -- some small patches are below

Hi, thanks, I really appreciate it. I've just applied them
together with a bunch of other stuff.

> +#ifdef EV_RST
>      ds_property_set_bool(d, "input.rst",
>                                   i->evbit&(1<<EV_RST));
> +#endif

Yeah, hmmm, this is called EV_SYN in the kernel 2.6 headers and my
installation obviously makes me use the kernel 2.4 headers. I now test
for both.

> i'm not yet familiar with python and am investigation how
> to correctly install lshal and the device manager

There's some support in autotools for doing this; I've fixed
device-manager to install in $(datadir)/hal/device-manager and to put a
symlink in $(bindir) so it's in PATH.

Don't worry about lshal.py; I'll put the C version in CVS soon and it
will install to $(bindir).

hal.hotplug is now in $(libexec) and installs symlink into hotplug.d-dir
(which is configurable, defaults to /etc/hotplug.d). Is it okay to put
create symlinks on make install?

Basically, tarballs generated from 'make dist' on the CVS tree appear to
work quite well on Fedora by now, in terms of ./configure; make; make
install; ... ; make uninstall. Is it possible you can test on Debian?

Thanks again,