Re: StartupNotify in .desktop spec?

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 10:39:04PM -0400, Michael Terry wrote:
> Hello.  I just noticed that the keys StartupNotify and StartupWMClass
> are not in the (apparently) most recent version of the .desktop spec
> posted at
> http://www.cojobo.net/~h_wendel/stuff/desktop-entry-spec.html.

These keys are in the startup-notification.txt file that also
specifies the startup notification protocol.

Here are the descriptions from there:

  Desktop entry spec extensions
  ===

  StartupNotify=BOOLEAN

  If true, it is KNOWN that the application will send a "remove"
  message when started with the DESKTOP_LAUNCH_ID environment variable
  set.

  StartupWMClass=STRING

  If true, it is KNOWN that the application will map at least one
  window with the given string as its WM class or WM name hint.

It does make sense to move these into the desktop entry spec, but the
descriptions should be these more rigorous ones.

Havoc