Re: Desktop Specification 0.9.4

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 10:49, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
> On Monday 07 July 2003 16:44, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > > http://www.cojobo.net/~h_wendel/stuff/desktop-entry-spec.diff
> >
> > argh, "diff -u" ! ;-)
> >
> > Are some of those changes just formatting changes? It's hard to
> > evaluate substantive changes if they're mixed with formatting.
>
> Some are formatting changes, i'm sorry for them, but they were automatically
> made by my vim I think.
>
> (changed to diff -u)

Sorry to keep discussing the diff rather than it's contents, but what is
your diff against?

     <para>
       The difference between string and localestring is that the value for
-      a string key must contain only UTF-8 characters and while the value
-      of a localestring key may contain localized encodings. (See
-      section 5.)
+      a string key must contain only ASCII characters and while the value
+      of a localestring key may contain UTF-8 characters. (See section 5.)
     </para>

The latest version of the spec in CVS (and also 0.9.2 on the web page)
says

 "...a string key must contain only ASCII characters..."

Thanks,
						Owen