Re: Xdg-list digest, Vol 1 #432 - 11 msgs

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:19:47PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> Between this and the "LSB wants to standardize on GTK" news, it's a bit difficult
> not to see political agendas being pushed.... Can we stick to the old status quo
> instead of trying to push our technical solutions as "standard"? I am starting
> to think that the old way worked much better for this list: we discussed shared
> specs, not shared code, and there was no such heated debate.

This is why I'm insisting that the GLib thread is a distraction. If
there's significant disagreement among core developers on GLib, as
there is, we're not going to use it in shared platform libraries. End
of story. Let's not worry about it.

I don't want to give up on shared implementation though, because I
think it's the only practical way forward in some areas. (And because
even if we don't *expand* shared implementation, we already have some
to deal with.)

If people want to talk about GLib, fine, but don't drag the rest of
the ship down with this conversation.