Re: date DND

On Saturday 19 July 2003 21:54, Waldo Bastian wrote:
<snip>
> > type: application/x-date
> > format: 16
> > data[0]: 1-based day number (ie between 1 and 31)
> > data[1]: 0-based month number (ie between 0 and 11)
> > data[2]: year
<snip>

There's application/timestamp-reply, but it's used for replies of PKIX
timestamping services and thus doesn't apply here.

Why not simply define
  application/(x-)datetime
as holding a date-time in the rfc3339 profile of the iso8601 format? I
don't see any use in defining a proprietary format for this. The other
way around: It will bite you when you need to consider time zones
(which your proposal already leaves out) and other, more esoteric
features of our calendar system. I also don't see the point of not
allowing time at the same time.

This format even stands a chance of being registered in the IETF tree
(ie. w/o the x-). If IESG rejects it, you can still register it as
app/vnd.xdg.datetime.

Marc

--
Nie wird so viel gelogen wie vor der Wahl, während des Kriegs und nach
der Jagd                                          -- Otto von Bismarck