Re: Menu Specification Comments

On Monday 16 June 2003 10:35, Filip Van Raemdonck wrote:

> > KidsGame (A game for kids)
> Why should these be differentiated? Are we going to differentiate between
> two identical games only because one uses characters from Sesame street
> and the other uses Tux & friends?
> What I mean is simply that these will (should) perfectly fit into the
> other games categories, no need to lump all kind of different games
> together just because they have more of a "kids" theme than others.

That is the nice part of this new standard. If you want to have them all
lumped together you can achieve that by choosing a proper set of criteria in
your applications.menu file while other people can choose to have them in
sub-menus of their own. Just because you don't need it as category doesn't
mean others don't need it either.

> > Debugger (A code debugger)
> Is it necessary to specify this beyond "Development"?
> > DevTool (A development tool)
> And how is this different from "Development"?

Why should it be different? It is a refinement.

The only thing I would like to see added is guidelines that say that if you
describe your program as e.g. "DevTool" it should also say "Development".

- --
bastian kde org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian suse com
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)