Re: Diff for review: Was: Menu spec: sorting

I have updated the menu-spec in CVS as version 0.7 (cvs r1.5) see also below.

Please check the CVS version if all your concerns have been properly
addressed.

Cheers,
Waldo

On Thursday 18 September 2003 20:42, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some nitpicks on the layout stuff. Sorry for the (as usual) slow reply,
> this time I was on vacation. Overall the patch looks good.
>
> 1. In the intro you say that the presentation hints part of the spec is
> optional. However, it may not be clear to people which parts of the spec
> are in this category. Perhaps we should just list the exact elements
> which may be ignored.

I added a note to the Layout and DefaultLayout elements.

> 2. Agree that the in <foo bar="blah"/> bar is called an attribute and
> foo is called an element.

Changed that.

> 3. Is it an error to omit <Merge> in <Layout>/<DefaultLayout> or can it
> be inherited from the current <DefaultLayout>?

Yes, it is an error. No it can't be inherited:

                Each &lt;Layout&gt; or &lt;DefaultLayout&gt; element
                shall have exactly one &lt;Merge type="all"&gt;
                element or it shall have exactly one &lt;Merge
                type="files"&gt; and exactly one
                &lt;Merge type="menus"&gt; element.

and

               The default-layout defines the suggested layout if a &lt;
                Menu&gt; element
                does either not have &lt;Layout&gt; element or if it has an
                empty &lt;Layout&gt; element.

An empty Layout element is an excemption to be able to revert to the default
layout, I have add a note to make that clear.

> 4. Perhaps should specify under <Filename> exactly how it's matched in a
> <Layout> context? Or maybe there's only one sane way to do it, I haven't
> thought it through.

I don't think there is any difference between the two contexts.

> 5. Example seems to use <Menufile> - should be <Menuname>?

Changed.

> 6. Probably shouldn't hyphenate desktop-entries (or should make the rest
> of the document do so also)

Removed the hyphenation.

> Havoc

Cheers,
Waldo
- --
bastian kde org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian suse com