Re: VFS ramblings

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 17:27, Ken Deeter wrote:

> I think in general, the discussion on this list has stayed away from the 'mounting' idea,
> for several reasons:

The most important reason is that you can't begin to guarantee the
UNIX/Posix-mandated semantics for calls like open() with the VFS
backends we have now (http, ftp, ssh, etc.)

So lots of perfectly legitimate applications relying on these semantics
will fall over. If I got a bug against any of my apps that only happened
on an ssh-mounted homedir, I'd have a good laugh and close it WONTFIX.

Havoc