Re: pkg-config search path

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 17:40, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the right solution is probably to add a config file similar to
> ld.so.conf that lists pkg-config search dirs, and ship it by default
> with X11R6 in there.

That would be preferable to using system config files to find the search
dirs, since sometimes when installing beta software in a different
prefix you want pkg-config to fail if a library can't be found in your
weird prefix, instead of falling back to the version in the
distribution.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>