Re: Session Management Proposal

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 09:07:42AM -1000, Ray Strode wrote:
> >users logged on I think, perhaps even looking at ssh logins and such.  But
> >that's an implementation detail of the session manager.
> >

> Sounds fine, but since the display manager already knows about the sessions
> it starts (presumably), maybe it would be good if the sm could query
> that information.  Note it will only be one of several possible things the
> sm will need to check.

You can already do that through the socket protocol (see CONSOLE_SERVERS and
ALL_SERVERS commands).  Of course this is only for GDM started logins.  SSH
or other console (text) logins are not counted of course, you'd have to get
that information though other means.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   We must know, we shall know.  -- David Hilbert